Friday, February 29, 2008

"Dublin's Fair City (2): Sundayness"

Dun Laoghaire Harbour:

Trying to take a picture of the little rainbow below the clouds. As it was still rather cold, I thought this would be better than going to dive for the treasure that is said to be at the end of each rainbow. Well, as the picture didn't work out the way I wanted it to, I might as well have gone into the sea to check what's out there - apart from the seals we saw.


Dun Laoghaire Food Market:

A very nice place to visit on a Sunday morning after a long Saturday night Erasmus party in town, in what already feels like spring in that city. You can have lentil-soup in coffee-mugs and some really nice self-made woolen socks there, as well as a sample of various different world-food specialities, such as Italian antipasti or Caribbean spinach pie, or some organic fruits and veg from the area. And in the end you can walk back to campus along the shore. A shore path that actually reminded me of a walk I used to go for close to Lake Kemnade in the Ruhr area in western Germany. A random act of landscape pattern recognition on my part, I assume.

No comments: